Aspirent led the data migration for a major retailer’s merchandising execution workforce datastore from non-IT supported SQL server to the Google Cloud Platform and Google BigQuery.
- The retailer was managing the operations of their several-thousands-large workforce on a legacy data platform that struggled to support current operational needs and provided no analytics capabilities
- The team maintained over 8 data feeds, 100’s of standard reports, 1200 tables, 800 views, countless ad hoc requests, and answers calls daily from the field for applications support
- The team spent the vast majority of their time on “keep the lights on” operations versus developing insights/analytics to drive actions
- Leveraging Aspirent methodology, created a vision, roadmap, and org design to standup an analytical insights team focused on providing value to the business vs supporting legacy
- Developed a Decision Architecture for each of the impacted area, identifying true business needs to support the field and HQ, reporting and analytics, activities to focus on for maximum value, etc.
- Migrated legacy system to the cloud and BigQuery reducing tables and views from 2000+ to approximately 275, removing duplicative data, and providing architecture / foundation for future
- Rationalized reporting, retiring 600+ rarely used reports; rebuilt key reports to focus on true KPIs, and automated data ingestion, transformation, organization, and extraction