Sr. Data Architect
Aspirent is an employee-owned, local model, management consulting firm allowing top talent to have a personal stake in their firm’s success. We work to ensure we have the best consultants working with the best clients. We want to transform the way professional services are delivered. We all share a passion in the pursuit of our work and will bring solution innovation, professionalism, and measurable value to our clients. Our founding partners are seasoned management consulting professionals with over a century of combined experience helping global Fortune 100 companies solve strategic business problems. For each of our service offerings, Aspirent consultants utilize the latest best practices to address our client’s needs. Depending on the specific engagement requirements, we will either adopt the processes and methods of our clients or utilize standard techniques from our process tool kits. We have three guiding principles in how we conduct our business:
- Quality client delivery and 100% customer satisfaction trump everything else.
- We understanding our client’s business, and will work side-by-side to jointly accomplish their vision, mission and goals.
- The satisfaction and associated retention of our consultants is key to our long-term success. Every Aspirent employee will have a personal stake in their client’s and Aspirent’s success.
The Data Architect is responsible for data architecture as it relates to the design of systems, applications, and data management solutions. The Data Architect will work with technology teams and business users to gather and define requirements, then determine all possible data management options. In addition to providing multiple options for data management, the Data Architect should be able to clearly present these options in terms that all can understand and relate to their various needs. The Data Architect will be responsible for data governance and long term scalability of the database environment. The Data Architect will design, develop, and implement strategic data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. The Data Architect will act as the primary advocate of data modeling methodologies and data processing best practices.
- Establish long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and data standards for enterprise systems
- Create end-to-end vision on how the data will flow through the successive stages
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, compliance and improvement
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the enterprise
- Create strategies and plans for data capacity planning, data security, life cycle data management, scalability, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones are needed
- Formulate and maintain data model and policies and procedures for functional design
- Provide technical recommendations to senior managers and technical staff in the development and implementation of databases or documentation
- Research upgrades and new database technologies
- Collaborate with project managers and business leaders for all projects involving enterprise data
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of databases and the strengths and weaknesses of platforms and products, with the ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table
- Thorough understanding of Cloud based system integration, Enterprise Data Security, and Enterprise Architecture Governance
- Data visualization experience leveraging enterprise tools (Tableau or Qlikview)
- Solid understanding of design principles and understanding of audience
- Experience with Interactive Analytic experience
- Data modeling skills
- Experience with SOA data layer utilizing data access frameworks and exposing data via web services
- Experience with Business Intelligence and data mart architecture
- Experience creating a data architecture vision between lines of business and IT
- Demonstrated competency in communicating the value of data architecture to stakeholders and senior management
- Experience in SDLC processes, database patterns and development frameworks
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to develop and conduct executive-level presentations
- Self-directed with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines