Complication – A large technology provider for the Airline Industry needed assistance re-platforming their software user interface to an end-user intuitive solution. The version of software needed to be re-platformed because users were confused on how to perform basics tasks such as booking tickets, changing flights, and dealing with customer inquiries. This inefficiency left customers frustrated and employees stressed.
Approach – The Aspirent team approached the problem through working sessions and interviews to understand the business goals. From there, we developed visual concepts. The team’s steps included the following:
- Conducted interviews with the SRDT and ecommerce team members to learn clients business and project goals.
- Conducted interviews with the (ex) booking agents to understand the work culture and daily rhythms.
- Created an empathy map to understand the agent persona.
- Conducted a heuristic evaluation to understand and identify issues in the current SRDT UI & booking flows.
- Conducted a landscape analysis to review UI best practices across the airline industries.
- Created an internal design studio re-envision flows and interfaces through sketching.
- Conducted user testing after the prototype was developed to validate re-envision flows and interfaces.
The Aspirent team developed a summary of findings and analysis. The team presented these findings to the firm’s leadership team, in which they outlined the functional scope, UX objectives, and the brand, persona, technical, and industry factors that should influence the design.
- User Experience Visual Specification
- Alternative look-and-feel reinforcing brand values
- Use cases to show concept [SG note: what does this mean? Are you trying to say something like, “Specific examples demonstrated conceptual ideas”]
- Interactive prototype
- Graphics files for Icons and Images
- Recommendations – The prototype recommendations included the following:
- Streamline steps for common use cases and flows
- Clarify system navigation to reduce common issues
- Improve visual design and intuitiveness
- Create a smarter in-context support
- Communicate more consistency experience wide